Take the first two letters from my name (Patty), then the first two letters from the names of my two favorite men in my life (David & Magnum)...and there you have it; "Padama"!!!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

"You've Been HO'D" (WHAT??)...

Once we arrived back at the home~front (from our “Merry Wolfeboro Christmas”… see previous posting), there was a gift bag sitting in front of our entry door (How exciting ~just when we thought our Christmas was over, there’s a gift just waiting for our arrival~).


The guesses of who had dropped this gift off were almost endless, seeing that we had “Boo’d” quite a few people over the Halloween holiday. We thought that maybe one of them wanted to return the gesture in more of a festive way… touche’, as we did not know about this festive tradition (but now we do, so can’t wait for next year now!!).

So I guess the only thing to do now… is to reveal the contents of the bag, in hopes to reveal who the elf is (this tradition is called "Elfing"). It appears though, that this elf wanted to put a little 'twist' to this delivery (by saying Ho'd, instead of Elfed).

This is what first caught our attention in the bag... the piece of paper (peeking out the top of the bag) that read ‘You’ve been Ho’d’… Hey, is someone trying to tell me something?? Nooooo, David’s not a Ho!!

As we are pulling all of these wonderful items out of the bag…

How did this elf know that we LUV choc~ooooh~late?!!
There's supposed to be 2 balls for this pic but Magnum just couldn't wait ... he just had to have one, and who am I to deprive my Baby~Boy of such things.
I'm assuming that this ornament is for my Sweety since he's such an enthusi"ass"t (hee~hee, just kidd'n Sweet~tay).
But hey, is that really a Harley?? No worries, my Sweety is smartening up & will get a real bike 'eventually' (one with less problems) ;-)).
That's right, besides nice wine... I also like my Cosmo~Pattian's (which is in the martini family). This elf "really" knows us!
Those are lolli~pops... right?? ;-)))))))
.
Once I saw the bottle of Chianti in the bag, that’s when I knew who the mystery elves were (Susan & Ed). You see… David had emailed me at work one day asking what my favorite wine is (which he already knows to be a nice Italian Chianti) so I had to ask what was up with this question. He tried a couple ways to get it out of me (specifics of Chianti) but I don’t let up that easily (it's the woman in me) when I know that something peculiar is going on. Long story short, it was revealed that Susan was the one wondering.
I had just chalked it up to her wanting to know so she could have some of my fave wine at her house for their annual New Year’s Eve party.
Guess I was wrong (I know, I know, it does happen… sometimes!).
Ya ever get the feeling that someone is watching you???

Anyhoot, If there was any doubt at this point who they mystery elves are, there isn’t anymore. Check out what the last gift is that we pulled out of the bag…
Thus bringing us back to the night we had “Boo’d” them.
Betty Davis has "nothing" on Susan (just look at those eyes... gorgeous!!).
And just look at Eddie............. Just say no Ed!

Here's a group pic (including some cookies in this pic)...

Well done guys!!

We love to ‘give’ to others cuz it makes us feel good (for many reasons) but it sure did feel great to get this from our good friends… Eddie & Susan!! Nighty~Night guys!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment