Take the first two letters from my name (Patty), then the first two letters from the names of my two favorite men in my life (David & Magnum)...and there you have it; "Padama"!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday Boy~~~>

I remember the day I met my Baby~Boy!! He was just 6 weeks old & it was love at first sight, first kiss.

As I was viewing my choices of the litter, one in particular came walking up to me & slapped a wet~one right onto my lips… that’s when I knew he was the one for me. That I would provide a ‘forever home’ for him from that moment on (well, at least from the moment that I could take him home, which wasn’t for another couple weeks).

His present, temporary mommy put a dab of red nail polish on his head to mark him as mine. She told me, when I was leaving, that I could come back to visit him anytime but that I couldn’t take him home until he reached 8 weeks of age.

I didn’t particularly care for the nail polish labeling so I decided to buy a collar for him that night & went back the next day to put it on him (this was also an excuse to go back to see him). After all, I’d achieved visitation rights and I proceeded to use them… I went back to visit 3 times that week. On the last day (at 7 weeks of age), she told me that I can take him home, that she was comfortable knowing he was going to a nice, loving family (personally, I think she grew tired of my visits…lol).

My baby’s birthday is on December 10th and this past Thursday we celebrated his 10th birthday.

This particular morning when I awoke, I extended birthday wishes to my baby & gave him ‘extra’ attention, luvin’s, playtime and extra treats too!!
But, I do have to provide for my boy too so since his birthday falls on a week day, I have to get on with my daily routine and that means… off to work I go.

I’m en route and decide to text the other boy in my life, asking if he said Happy Birthday to Mags this morning. Check out his response…

“I did – me and the squirrels & birds had a party out back this morning, with a ginormous cake and everything. We couldn’t believe you slept through it!”

Ha, Ha, Ha… This is only part of why I love him so!!

David and I had planned to just hang out with Magnum after work in celebration of his birthday. Unfortunately, David had to work later than usual so I decided to take Magnum for a birthday ride. We just cruised around Walpole with his window down so he could enjoy the cool wind in his face while his floppy ears flapped in the wind (Life is good!). We got back to the house & we played outside longer than usual (I made sure to bundle up to tolerate the cold temp.). Magnum has 2 layers of fur so he can withstand the cooler temps more than I can. Just when I couldn’t tolerate it any longer… YAY, Daddy arrived and took over (Daddy’s able to stay out there longer than Mommy can and Magnum “greatly” appreciates this ~~AS DO I~~).

I had gotten a gift from Le (a coworker of mine) that day, for Magnum (Le knows Magnum very well, Magnum calls her his step~mommy). Le also knows that Magnum loves to munch on bones. After the outside playtime, we rewarded Magnum with his gift from Le…

I’ve always wanted to have a doggie~party and invite all of Magnum’s K~9 friends but it never seems to happen because of Christmas events/activities getting in the way, weather, blah~blah~blah… Maybe someday that will happen, but no worries since all Magnum really wants anyway is~~~> Mommy & Daddy’s attention and affection! Well, not only did he get these things that night… he gets this all of the time from us. We just hoped to give a little extra on this particular day.

Happy Birthday Mag~a~nummies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment