Take the first two letters from my name (Patty), then the first two letters from the names of my two favorite men in my life (David & Magnum)...and there you have it; "Padama"!!!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Birthday Girl (MOI')...

I can now officially say that I am forty~something (but believe me when I say that I am NOT bragging about this), since I just turned 41 on Christmas Eve. But what a beautiful birthday it was!!

My first gift of the day was David's card to me…I’ll keep this private but let’s just say that any card, song or poem that he writes for me is always a favorite of mine!!!

My Sweety also surprised me with tickets to go see "Wicked" (YAAAY!!). We did this on the 21st. This musical is based around the Wizard of Oz... it reveals how the witches come to be who they are. I *highly* recommend you seeing this musical as it is absolutely phenomenal!!

This was just Part One to my birthday. Part Two? Well, it's been decided that going to NH will be an annual vaca for my birthday/Christmas so off we went to celebrate. While there (we went the morning of), my Hunni bought an ice cream cake for me (YUM!)...


and suffice to say, that cake was finito' by the next day (he helped too and so did Mags… he likes the vanilla ice cream part of it!!).

David let me open one of my stocking stuffers (my pick) for my b~day too and YAY, it was a gift card for Pier 1 Imports (he knows that I LUV this place!!). Let’s not forget that my Hunni is also helping me out with the big purchase of new tires for my car. He wants me safe while driving in this snowy/icy weather…He’s so good to me!!

He had also planned to take me to our favorite Wolfeboro restaurant, Mise' en Place, for a b~day dinner but since it was closed for the weekend (aaaaaw!) we just picked on things for the evening such as: chips & dip, garlic bread w/ butter, ice cream cake and stocking stuffer chocolates (keeping it healthy, oy!). Magnum was right there too, par~taking in our slob~fest!! (Not to worry, a healthier way of eating is right around the corner, coming in January.)

Oh, and we had to wash that all down with something so we had made this festive drink (a pitcher full) called “Poinsettia”. This concoction is made up of Champagne, Gran Marnier & Cranberry juice. Can you say “Yummy~Licious”?? I, myself alone, had finished the entire pitcher and was feeling, let’s say… happy! David got “merry” off some ‘wobbley~pops’.

My Hunni made my day very special for me!!

A few other people had made this day special for me as well. My sample~peeps is what I call them... these are the people in my department at work (we call my dept. "The Psyche Ward 101"... cuz we're all CA~RAAAZY, lol).

First, they each brought food, snacks & drinks (non~alcoholic, damn!) in for my party at work. All food was meatless (see, they are very intuitive to my life~style).

Further; they are very observant in what I enjoy out of life so check out these gifts:

They all pitched in and gave me a *very* generous gift certificate for The Kalled Gallery. Very cool, eclectic and/or whimsical art in this gallery. I was sooooo excited when I opened this gift, that I actually think I did my Happy~Dance. Better yet, I think they actually got that dance on video (Ugh!) Hopefully, it doesn't make You~Tube (lol).

I also got a bottle of vodka... not just any vodka... my favorite vodka, Grey Goose Baby... yeah, time to make the Cosmo~Pattians!! Thanks Minnie~Me!!

I got 2 video's from Le ~her annual gifts to me~(Chick~Flicks as some would call them)... "Baby Mama" and "Maid of Honor"... Thanks Le~Roy, watched them and LUV'd them both!!! You know what I like, girl (don't tell anyone, but David enjoyed them too)!!

A "death by chocolate" cake which was choc~ooooh~licious, from Tha, along with an "anti~stress comfort wrap"... (he must know where I work) (and might I add that this gift is environmentally friendly... gotta love the thought put in to these gifts, LUV IT!!) and a Symphony bar (YUM!).

Tammy gave me a set of wine glasses (for the bar that David's putting in, in our basement)... Thanx for knowing that I am a Wine~o Tam~Tam & John!! ;-)) David also thanx you both for his shooter glasses (very, very intuitive of you, lol).

Charlie (or more like, Charlie's wife.. lol) got me a bag of goodies; a Christmas book which holds nice festive quotes, an eco~friendly water bottle (yay!) & chocolates.

My bestest friend in the whole wide world got me the annual gift of Whitman's chocolates (wrapped, as if I don't know what it is... lol) along with birthday balloons. Little does she know that I will be re~gifting these balloons back to her next week for 'her' birthday. Hee~hee!!

In addition to all of these lovely surprises.. Sam, Zak (David's niece/nephew) & Patty (their mom/my new friend) gave me a beautiful hand~made picture frame (made from the one & only, new & upcoming artist ... Samantha ~aka, Sam). Such talent!! ;-)) Thanx for thinking of me guys! Fyi... Sam & I share the same 'festive~time of year' birthday except hers is ON Christmas Day... she must know what it means to get heart~felt gifts as such (Thx Chickie).

So, all in all, I am very lucky to have so many friends and so much love in my life... I thank you all for your part in all of my gifts!!



Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear MOI', happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ;-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment